Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Six Month Reflections

I am always hesitant to post my minor musings because most of the entries in this blog are so full of information—and so long!—that short ones like this seem both inadequate and out of place. But I'll get over it. I'm sure none of you mind having more posts to read.

So. I'm about halfway through my year-long British adventure. Thinking about that yesterday, I decided to take some pictures of my environment (OK, really just my room) and compare them to the ones I took in September to see what's changed.

Flat 9A, September 2008.

Flat 9A, March 2009.

Looks much more homely now, don't you think? Having a bedspread makes a big difference. But you can ignore the clothes drying off to the right—yesterday was laundry day.

Oh, and let's not forget a little desk detail:

Mmm...learning.

And now for the outside world:

The view from my window, September 2008.

The view from my window, March 2009.

Not much seems to have changed in New Cross! The crane in the background is pointing in the opposite direction and the plaza is much busier (probably because I took each photo at a different time of day). But really, New Cross is just as, um, lovely as usual.

Those are the changes in my world. How has your environment (natural, social, or otherwise) changed over the last six months?

No comments: